Thank you for your interest in CIS. The following dates are forecasts and are subject to some minor changes as the year progresses and we finalize our current returning student numbers.
Registration Dates and Groups:
November 15, 2017 —— KG1-Sibling for current students
December 3, 2017 —— KG1-Non-Sibling for current students
January 31, 2018 (Accepting payments starting in January) —— Returning CIS students – Letter of intent will be sent to CIS students and re-registration will begin first for returning students then we will open registration for students outside the school. Final Deadline for Payment: May 1, 2018
If you would like to apply, please email the most recent report card and a copy of the Emirates ID or passport copy for your child. I will use these to place them on the waiting list. We will be in contact if a place becomes available for your child. Please note, due to the high volume of applications, admissions are unable to meet with applicants or receive phone calls regarding the status of applications. The best way to communicate with the admissions team is via email on the 1st of each month; email your child’s first and last name and the grade that they have applied for and we will email you and update your continued interest on our system. If we find a space for your child, you will be contacted and all of the next steps will be outlined. We hope that we will be able to find a place for your child.
• School Tours: Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am. Please book through firstname.lastname@example.org
• If your child is currently registered at a school following the British curriculum, it is important to note that grade/year levels do not align between the British system and Alberta Education. Please refer to the table for Grade/Year Equivalencies.
• Please note, due to ADEC regulations, students applying for Grade 11 and 12 are not able to do so unless they are transferring from a Canadian curriculum.
• Information regarding the waiting list can be found here 2018-2019 Waiting List
• Due to the high volume of applications CIS receives, the Admissions Department cannot respond to every family regarding their standing in the admissions process. If your child is accepted, you will be contacted and receive a Letter of Acceptance, at which point the Registration Stage begins.
• Please only bring the documents listed above. The admissions team will make contact with all families that they would like to meet, at this meeting we will take all additional documents.
• All documents must be in English or Arabic, otherwise an official UAE translation is required.
• The completed and signed Admissions Application is not an offer of admission. A place in only guaranteed and held for the student once all documents are received and payment is made.
• The school reserves the right to place your child in the grade level considered appropriate based on the school’s age acceptance policy, your child’s ability, and Ministry of Education guidelines.
• If your application is successful, you agree to the rules and regulations of the Canadian International School as set out in the Parent/Student Handbook.
We would like to thank all applicants and wish you all a successful year!
We look forward to meeting you in hopes of offering your children places here at CIS!