We have a new application form for the next Academic Year (2017-2018).
To apply for the 2017-2018 Academic Year, please bring/email the following documents:
1. CIS 2017- 2018 Application Form with a recent photo attached
· All information must be typed: handwritten applications will not be accepted.
· Please save a soft copy of this application as it will be requested in the event that your child is accepted.
2. Clear copy of child’s passport
3. Clear copy of child’s Emirates ID, if student is present in the UAE
· If your child does not yet have an Emirates ID, this must be provided to the school as soon as possible.
4. Child’s most recent report card/nursery report*
· Must be from the end of the last academic year and an official progress/grade report from the school/nursery
· If this report is not yet available, please ask the classroom teacher to write a formal letter regarding the student’s performance, learning, behavior, and attendance.
** To avoid any problems downloading this file, please ensure that you have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free here.
Applications are still open for the 2016-2017 Academic Year. Please note, we can only accept students transferring from outside of Abu Dhabi. We are unable to process transfers within Abu Dhabi.
If you would like to submit an application, please bring/email the following documents :
1. CIS Application Form
2. Most recent report cards** (end of the 2015-2016 academic)
3. Copy of the child(ren)’s Emirates ID (Note: If the student is new to the UAE and does not have an Emirates ID, please bring a clear copy of the child’s passport)
• If you are based in Abu Dhabi please bring the application/s and documents to school. We do a school tour at 9am on Wednesday so, if you can make the tour, please bring the documents with you then. Please note, if you are unable to visit from 8am-4pm, the applications can be left with security after-hours, and an admissions team member will call you the next morning to confirm that we received them.
• If you are based out of Abu Dhabi, please email the application/s and we will acknowledge receipt within 2 working days.
• If your child is currently registered at a school following the British curriculum, it is important to note that grade/year levels do not align between the British system and Alberta Education. Please refer to the table for Grade/Year Equivalencies.
• Please note, due to ADEC regulations, students applying for Grade 11 and 12 are not able to do so unless they are transferring from a Canadian curriculum.
• Please note that sibling applications will be processed early, however places are not guaranteed.
• Information regarding the waiting list can be found here http://cisabudhabi.com/admissions/waiting-list/
• Due to the high volume of applications CIS receives, the Admissions Department cannot respond to every family regarding their standing in the admissions process. If your child is accepted, you will be contacted and receive a Letter of Acceptance, at which point the Registration Stage begins.
• Please only bring the documents listed above. The admissions team will make contact with all families that they would like to meet, at this meeting we will take all additional documents.
• All documents must be in English or Arabic, otherwise an official UAE translation is required.
We would like to thank all applicants and wish you all a successful year!
The completed and signed Admissions Application is not an offer of admission. The school reserves the right to place your child in the grade level considered appropriate based on the school’s age acceptance policy, your child’s ability, and Ministry of Education guidelines.
If your application is successful, you agree to the rules and regulations of the Canadian International School as set out in the Parent/Student Handbook.